This video is not available on this platform.
2719 days ago,
Reggae Reggae Cottage Bake
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes/n200g lean minced beef or lamb (could also use chicken or turkey mince)
1 Jar Reggae Reggae cooking sauce
1 Stock Cube
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2tbsp Natural Yoghurt
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 Carrot – cut into strips
2 Large Baking Potatoes – peeled & diced
1 Sweet Potato – peeled & diced
1 tbsp milk
25g Unsalted butter
Salt & pepper to season
• Turn on the oven and heat to 200C
• Heat the oil in a saucepan and carefully add the minced meat along with the carrots. Fry lightly taking care to break up any lumps of meat.
• Sprinkle over the stock cube and add the jar of sauce along with the tinned tomatoes, simmer for approx 25 minutes
• Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil and add the chopped potatoes, leave to cook.
• Place into the casserole dish or dishes, about 2/3 of the way up and leave to one side to cool
• Once the potatoes are cooked through, drain and leave for 1 minute to dry out. Add the milk & butter and mash until smooth and creamy. Season to taste
• Carefully place spoonfuls of the potato on top of the meat mixture then bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
• Remove from the oven with caution and place a spoonful of the bake onto a plate, serve with vegetables of your choice and enjoy!/n